Welcome to Dyane's Stitch in Time. Offering three key services;
Clothing Alteration, Sewing Tuition / Clubs and Textile Art
Clothing Repairs & Alterations
Textiles Tuition; Sewing and Fabric Art
I can make your clothes fit you better and make them wearable for longer.
For simple alterations such as trouser shortening or zips replacing either pop in her in Bishop Auckland, The General Store in Cockfield, Domestic Bliss at Langley Moor or if you live further afield print off the postal form and post to me.
For more detailed alterations such as re-shaping alterations especially for tailored garments, evening, bridesmaid and wedding dresses please book an appointment, appointments are available on Saturdays and evenings (last appointment 6.30 pm).
For a price guide for common repairs and alterations please click on alterations price guide tab.
If you are local please feel free to drop in, if you are coming from further afield please phone, message Dyane Turner or text on 07977719782 first to check I am in.
Your garments are insured whilst at Dyane's Stitch in Time.
Dyane is a qualified teacher in the Lifelong Learning Sector and offers a variety of flexible ways of learning Textile skills, including; hand sewing, machine sewing, Dressmaking, Applique, Free style Embroidery and Batik or Silk Painting (Fabric Art)
1) Personalised one to one tuition in my home sewing room environment, whether you are a complete beginner, wanting support with a project or a fashion student needing extra sewing skills I can help you; check out the gallery page 1-1 tuition for images. Working intensively one to one your specific learning wishes will be met.
2) Dressmaking Workshops for adults in small groups, I hold a monthly dressmaking Key Skills course in Bishop Auckland, for further details visit Dressmaking Workshops page.
3) Stitch Kidz - after school sewing club in Bishop Auckland for 8 - 14 year olds and as a holiday Club at Crafters Companion in Newton Aycliffe.
4) Sew Social - Tuesday Mornings in Bishop Auckland, drop in between 9.30 am - 12.30 pm for folk who already sew and enjoy getting togther with like minded sewers with a tutor on hand to help with tricky bits
5) Workshops offered in Batik Fabric Art, Silk Painting, Free Style Embroidery are held at my workshop Alternatively I can bring a workshop to your group / venue. Please check out the information page about Textile Art Workshops
Enhanced CRB checked, Public Liability Insured, BA hon's, PGCE