Welcome to Dyane's Stitch in Time. Offering three key services;
Clothing Alteration, Textiles Tuition and a range of EMFprotective screening clothing.
Clothing Repairs & Alterations
Textiles Tuition; Sewing and Fabric Art
EMF Screening Clothing Range
I can make your clothes fit you better and make them wearable for longer.
For simple alterations such as trouser shortening or zips replacing either pop in or print off the postal form and post to me.
For more detailed alterations such as re-shaping alterations especially for tailored garments, evening, bridesmaid and wedding dresses please book an appointment, appointments are available on Saturdays and evenings (last appointment 6.30 pm).
For a price guide for common repairs and alterations please click on alterations price guide tab.
If you are local please feel free to drop in, if you are coming from further afield please phone, message Dyane Turner or text on 07977719782 first to check I am in.
Your garments are insured whilst at Dyane's Stitch in Time.
Dyane is a qualified teacher in the Lifelong Learning Sector and offers a variety of flexible ways of learning Textile skills, including; hand sewing, machine sewing, Dressmaking, Applique, Free style Embroidery and Batik or Silk Painting (Fabric Art)
1) Personalised one to one tuition in my home sewing room environment, whether you are a complete beginner, wanting support with a project or a fashion student needing extra sewing skills I can help you; check out the gallery page 1-1 tuition for images. Working intensively one to one your specific learning wishes will be met.
2) Dressmaking Workshops for adults in small groups, I hold a monthly dressmaking Key Skills course in Bishop Auckland, for further details visit Dressmaking Workshops page. If you would like a similar course in your area, please contact me. Alternatively if there are a few of you wanting to learn in Co.Durham or North Yorkshire, I can come out to you, this is a very cost effective way of learning essential dressmaking skills and making a garment in familier surroundings with friends.
3) Stitch Kidz - after school sewing club in Bishop Auckland
4) Sew Social - Weekly in Bishop Auckland, for folk who already sew and enjoy getting togther with like minded sewers with a tutor on hand to help with tricky bits
5) Community sewing / craft workshops for youngsters are held every Tuesday and Thursday in school holiday at St Paul's, Evenwood and Mondays or Wednesdays in Cockfield during Summer Holidays. Click on the Community Workshops gallery page for images and don't hesitate to contact me for more information.
6) Workshops offered in Batik Fabric Art, Silk Painting, Free Style Embroidery Monthly sessions are held at my workshop plus those hosted at the Witham or The HUB in Barnard Castle, or the POD in Bishop Auckland. Alternatively I can bring a workshop to your group / venue. Please check out the information page about Textile Art Workshops
Enhanced CRB checked, Public Liability Insured, BA hon's, PGCE
As a dressmaker and environmentalist sympathetic to the suffering felt by those sensitive to the effects of Electro Magnetic Radiation. I have developed a range of clothes for sufferers of Electrosensitivity (ES) using specialist shielding fabrics provided by EMFields.
For basic information about the fabrics visit the ES Information page. For more technical information about the fabrics effectivness and how such clothes may help please visit www.emfields.org or phone them on 01353 778814. I am simply a dressmaker willing to create garments from this specialist fabric. This page gives contact details of an ES support group, a north east ES consultant, and anoter ES clothing and fabric supplier. I will happily make garments from your own screening fabrics.
The basic garments are available via the ES Clothing shop. They are made to order within 3 weeks of your order, the price includes one alteration if required as they are made to standard sizes, but I am well aware we are not all standard sizes :-), I do ask for key measurements from yourself, to ensure the best fit possible (without a fitting) is acheived. I will also make to your clothing design, cantact me to discuss :-)